KinderNotes: Early years music education for ages three to six!
KinderNotes is a weekly early years music education class for children aged three to six featuring singing, movement, music reading, rhythmic skills, listening games, and much more! No audition is required. This is a full-year program from September to May. Occasionally, if space permits, we may open certain classes for a January to May half-term.
- Midtown: Calvin Presbyterian Church, 26 Delisle Avenue (Yonge/St. Clair). Convenient Green P parking is available next to the church.
- North York: Lansing United Church (49 Bogert Ave). Convenient Parking at the Emerald Condominium is available.
- 4:30 PM – 5:15 PM (ages 3-4)
- 5:30 PM – 6:15 PM (ages 5-6)
- 4:45 PM – 5:30 PM (ages 3-4)
- 5:45 PM – 6:30 PM (ages 5-6)
Annual Tuition Fee
Mid-season tuition is $405 per child (January-May 2020) plus a $30 administrative fee.
- Registration is online only and available on a first come, first served basis.
- A maximum of 15 children can be accommodated in each class.
- In the case that a child is enrolled in a class that does not correspond to their age range, they will be asked to switch into a class that corresponds to their age.
- Sessions begin in September and run until early May (with a fall break, winter holidays and a March break). The 5 and 6 year olds will also sing one song with the Preparatory Choir in the TCC’s annual Spring Concert in early May at the Toronto Centre for the Arts!
The withdrawal deadline for KinderNotes is after the first class.
In the event of a withdrawal, please notify our office in writing to Eunillyne Lazado on or before the withdrawal date, at which point you will be entitled to a tuition refund less a $50 non-refundable deposit. After the withdrawal date, KinderNotes fees are non-refundable.
For Program Assistance
Read our FAQs below!
For any other questions, email Eunillyne Lazado, Program Coordinator.
Read our FAQ
KinderNotes is the Toronto Children’s Chorus’ introductory music education program, for children 3 to 6 years of age.
Children in the KinderNotes program do not need to have had any previous musical experience. Classes incorporate singing, movement, music reading, rhythmic skill development, listening games and more to develop their musical skills.
There is no audition required for admittance into KinderNotes.
KinderNotes choristers perform in the Toronto Children’s Chorus’ final season concert in the springtime, usually the first Saturday in May. KinderNotes is primarily a music education program.
Each session is once a week for 45 minutes. Classes are divided by ages 3-4 and 5-6.
- Calvin Presbyterian Church (26 Delisle Avenue). There are usually two sessions per night, one at 4:15pm and one at 5:30pm, three days a week.
- The North York location will be announced soon. There are two classes after-school on Thursdays and Fridays.
Your child may take the first 2 classes of the session to determine if the programme is right for him or her. If you decide to withdraw your child after the second class, we will issue you a full refund. Programme fees are non-refundable after attending the third class in the session.
Our season begins in September and runs until May. Parents may enroll their children in the second half of our season, starting January, if spots are available.
You may register your child for KinderNotes on our website’s Registration Page during our registration period, typically open from June to September. Registration is limited to 15 children per class. Please note we do not accept registration over the phone or by email.
KinderNotes fees are generally paid in a single payment. You may contact our office if you would like to discuss alternative monthly payment arrangements. No financial assistance is available for KinderNotes fees.
Tuition for KinderNotes is currently $780.00 for the full year (September – May). This fee is subject to change year to year.
There are no discounts for siblings participating in the TCC.