Now in its 41st season, the Toronto Children’s Chorus is recognized as one of the finest treble choirs in the world. The Chorus is committed to the enrichment of children’s lives through the discipline, teamwork and unique camaraderie of fine choral singing. The unparalleled music education and life-changing opportunities to perform exceptional music in local, national and international venues help to promote the personal welfare, growth and a portfolio of life skills that prepare children to become effective citizens.
Currently, the Toronto Children’s Chorus is seeking Conductor’s Assistants (CAs) for the 2018-19 season. The successful applicants will work closely with the conductor to ensure the smooth operations of the choral program. CAs are required to attend all rehearsals, concert and workshop specific to their choir. Currently, we are seeking CAs for the following choirs to begin the week of September 10th:
Preparatory Choir (Mondays: 5:30-6:45pm)
Training Choir I (Wednesdays: 5:00-6:30pm)
Training Choir II (Mondays: 5:00-6:30pm)
- Arrive early to ensure the room is set-up for rehearsals, concerts or workshops (chairs, welcome table and conductor’s podium, piano, whiteboards, music stand and stool);
- Serve as sightsinging and theory tutors;
- Serve as mentors during rehearsal, by singing with the ensemble and ensuring the children are organized and on top of instructions;
- Aid a child should they need to go to the washroom or are not feeling well;
- Quietly assist any unfocused choristers;
- Mark theory homework as needed;
- After rehearsal, ensure the room is left clean and tidy;
- Supervise any choristers whose parents are late for pick-up.
Requirements: The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong music background (experience teaching music to children an asset);
- Strong music theory background;
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Remuneration is hourly and begins at minimum wage. Applicants must be available for occasional work on weekends. Interested and qualified applicants should email a cover letter and brief resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply no later than September 5, 2018 to: Matthew Otto, Assistant Artistic Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Toronto Children’s Chorus is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities and programs. The Toronto Children’s Chorus is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in our programs and performances. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.