Entering its 42nd season, the Toronto Children’s Chorus is recognized as one of the finest treble choirs in the world. The Chorus is committed to the enrichment of children’s lives through the discipline, teamwork and unique camaraderie of fine choral singing. The unparalleled music education and life-changing opportunities to perform exceptional music in local, national and international venues help to promote the personal welfare, growth and a portfolio of life skills that prepare children to become effective citizens.
The Toronto Children’s Chorus is seeking Conductor’s Assistants (CAs) for the 2019-20 season. The successful applicants will work closely with the artistic staff to ensure the smooth operations of the choir’s program. CAs are required to attend all rehearsals, concerts and workshops specific to their choir. Most ensembles rehearse weekdays (in mid-town Toronto and North York), between 4:30pm and 7:30pm.
- Arrive early to ensure the room is set-up for rehearsals, concerts or workshops (chairs, welcome table and conductor’s podium, piano, whiteboards, music stand and stool);
- Serve as sight-singing and theory tutors;
- Serve as mentors during rehearsal, by singing with the ensemble and ensuring the children are organized and on top of instructions;
- Aid a child should they need to go to the washroom or are not feeling well;
- Quietly assist any unfocused choristers;
- Mark theory homework as needed;
- After rehearsal, ensure the room is left clean and tidy;
- Supervise any choristers whose parents are late for pick-up.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong music background (experience teaching music to children an asset);
- Strong music theory background;
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Remuneration is hourly and begins at minimum wage. Applicants must be available for occasional work on weekends (workshops and concerts).
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled.
Please email applications to Matthew Otto, Assistant Artistic Director: email@example.com
The TCC is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.