Marketing & Design Coordinator
The TCC is currently seeking a Marketing & Design Coordinator for our strong administrative team. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Marketing & Design Coordinator is responsible for marketing, recruitment, audience development, and outreach. The role requires someone who enjoys the challenge of a busy artistic environment and who is equally comfortable dealing with the public, media, artists, government agencies, and volunteers.
This is a one-year, part-time contract opportunity with the possibility for permanent employment in the following year. The salary range is $30,000-$35,000 per annum, based on a 26-hour (3.5 day) work week.
- Develop and diversify opportunities for gaining visibility and recognition in existing and new communities
- Prepare media releases and maintain media lists; handle publicity and promotions
- Design and/or liaise with designers and contractors on print and electronic marketing materials
- Strategically manage and oversee all online properties, including website and social media channels
- Work with artistic staff on education and outreach communications to strengthen chorister recruitment and develop audiences
- Collaborate with Development staff and Board on events and donor relations
- Ensure consistency of TCC branding and image in all communications
- Regular analysis of marketing activity, strategize for improvement
- Attend TCC concerts and events; build relationships with related key stakeholders
- Minimum 1-2+ years of marketing and communications experience
- Post-secondary education in Arts Administration or professional experience equivalent in either the non-profit or private sector
- Sound written and oral communication skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Demonstrated ability to manage a marketing calendar, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills in dealing with supporters, volunteers, co-workers, suppliers, and other contacts
- Creative thinking with good judgement, common sense, and tact
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends throughout the year, as required
- Adobe CS skills a significant asset
- Photography skills a significant asset
- Experience in the performing arts and interest in choral music an asset
What We Offer:
Recognized as one of the finest treble choirs in the world, the Toronto Children’s Chorus is committed to the enrichment of children’s lives through the discipline, teamwork, and unique camaraderie of fine choral singing. The TCC offers artistic excellence, character-building experiences, and leadership opportunities to hundreds of children across the GTA every year, while nurturing musical, academic, and individual achievement. The TCC offers our team a relaxed, friendly workplace of administrative and artistic professionals, who are passionate about children, performance and music education. In addition, we offer:
- Professional development opportunities
- Upgraded office systems to allow for flexible work options and connectivity
- Lieu days to compensate for periods that require additional hours (always discussed in advance)
- A two-week vacation, plus an annual holiday office closure in December
- Health benefits
- A complimentary ticket for all TCC-produced concerts
We welcome applicants who share these values and are enthusiastic about being part of a dynamic, non-profit organization with all the charms and challenges of charitable work!
The Toronto Children’s Chorus is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our teams, creative communities, and programs. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity, and we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Board Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply no later than 11 PM, October 16, 2020.
We thank everyone who takes the time and makes the effort to apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.