Conductor’s Assistant (multiple positions)
The Toronto Children’s Chorus is seeking Conductor’s Assistants (CAs) for the 2021 ‘virtual’ term, ending in June 2021. The successful applicants will work closely with the artistic staff to ensure the smooth operations of the choir’s virtual programming. CAs are required to attend all rehearsals specific to their choir and may be required to lead small group/breakout sessions with choristers. Virtual rehearsals take place Mondays (5:00-6:30pm), Tuesdays (5:00-7:30pm), Wednesdays (5:00-7:00pm) and Fridays (5:00-6:30pm).
Remuneration is hourly and begins at minimum wage.
- Arrive to the virtual classroom 15 minutes prior to rehearsal to assist with sign-in procedures
- Assist conductors with online instruction
- Serve as sight-singing and/or theory tutors
- Aid a child should they have any problems/questions
- Lead/oversee breakout sessions or sectionals
- Mark theory homework as needed
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong musical background and experience working with children
- Excellent music theory & sight-singing
- Outstanding capacity with technology, including experience operating Zoom
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Mature and professional attitude
- Access to a computer/laptop with high-speed internet connection.
The Toronto Children’s Chorus is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our teams, creative communities, and programs. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity, and we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Matthew Otto, Associate Artistic Director
We thank everyone who takes the time and makes the effort to apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please. The positions will remain open until filled.